Saturday, October 3, 2015

Thinking Aesthetically: Ranking the Top 10 Jersey Lineups in the NHL (#8)

Credit: Jasen Vinlove - USA Today Sports
Thinking Aesthetically, ladies and gentlemen! You know the drill. If, for some reason, you don't know said drill:

A) I have a new reader! Hello, new reader! Click on the directory of my posts on the right of your screen.

B) You skipped some early posts on this subject. Follow the same directions as what I prescribed in scenario A.

There you go. Now, let's get started!

8. St. Louis Blues

Home: No discussion to be had here, really. These jerseys are top-5 in the NHL. I love, love, love, love them. The striping is beautiful, the logo is beautiful, all of the colours are balanced beautifully... everything is beautiful. Or blue-tiful.

Super classy jersey, St. Louis.


Road: I like these jerseys slightly less than their home counterparts because of the off-putting navy accents, but otherwise, it's a solid look. I'm a huge fan of the logo and striping, and I think that this jersey would look far better if everything navy was the same shade of blue used on the shoulder yoke. Speaking of the shoulder yoke, it's beautiful. I like how there aren't any shoulder patches.


Alternate: I'm going to list off everything that I dislike about this jersey:

- Too much white
- Not enough yellow

The white is overpowering. On the other hand, the navy blue provides a nicely muted body colour, and I love the logo. There's a reason that these have been around since 2008!

Score:

Home: 10/10
Road: 8.5/10
Alternate: 8.5/10
Overall: 27/30

Thinking Aesthetically will return!




No comments:

Post a Comment